Introduction to Jewellery Making
7 weeks (Beginners)
Design and make your own jewellery using traditional jewellery making skills
This course is an introduction to jewellery making for those who have no experience or a refresher for others who would like brush up and extend on their skills. The class size is limited to ensure everyone gets assistance and one-on-one time.
You will be guided through the steps of designing and making earrings or a pendant with pierced out designs, measuring and sizing a ring and making a pendant with a bezel set round cabochon stone.
The techniques you will learn include:
- design transfer and basic design principles
- copper colouring
- traditional and contemporary techniques
- saw piercing, filing, drilling and papering
- polishing, alternative surface finishes, decorative finishes
- hammering and stamping techniques
- surface texturing techniques and connections
All tools and basic consumables will be supplied (copper/ brass wire and sheet). If you would like to use silver, you can either buy and bring your own. I will have silver available for purchase for approximately $2.50 per gram.
Wednesday morning - 14th of October to 25th of November 9.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday evening - 20th of October to 1st of November 6pm to 9pm Duration: 7 Weeks (21 hours)
Class size: Maximum 4 people